Thursday, April 14, 2016

A Real House


March 30, 2016 - Windows & Doors!


So much progress has been made on our house since I last posted about it! It even looks like a real house now! They're even giving us a finish date of June...a month earlier than the original date we were given. That's both exciting and terrifying! I can't wait to get moved in, but then I have this whole house to keep in order, haha! We're excited to be able to move in and able to actually enjoy the summer (grilling out, pool time) here! And actually, a grill will probably be the first thing we purchase for the house.  


March 18, 2016 - Second Floor Going Up


March 21, 2016


March 25, 2016 - Roofers are there working on the shingles! (Side note: I love that tree they were able to keep on the side of the house!) 


March 27, 2016 - The roof is complete!

A few weeks ago we did our electrical walk through with the builder and decided where we wanted all of the electrical outlets and switches. We also decided to hard wire the house for internet so that all of that stuff will be hidden and out of sight! Our TV will be above our fireplace so we also had them wire that so that none of the cable boxes or ugly wires will have to go on the mantle! Everything will be able to be tucked away on a side table and we'll still be able to control the TV with the remote. I won't claim to actually know how all of that works, I just know our mantle won't be cluttered and that's all that matters!


March 30, 2016 - Standing in what will be the kitchen, looking into the living room.


April 3, 2016 - I've never been a bath girl, but with this giant tub and window in our master, I just might become one! 

My dad came along with us when we did our walk through and while we were in one of the upstairs bedrooms he asked about this area of what looked like wasted space. So after talking to the builder (and getting an estimate on what it would cost), we decided to have them come back and frame it out to create this little nook. I'm so glad we did! I mean, look at that space that would've just been lost behind a wall! I love this little nook and have big plans for it. I also wish every room had a little nook like this now, haha! 


April 6, 2016

We also went over a few of the details with the builders and decided we weren't very excited about the original granite we had selected. When you're putting so much money into a house, you need to LOVE everything you're putting into it. I keep saying, "We just need to do it right the first time!" So we made a trip to see the granite people they use and saw a slab of what we had picked out and we HATED it. It was so dark and wouldn't have gone with our kitchen at all. We're still waiting to hear exactly how much more it will be, but as of now, there will be marble in our kitchen! We've had many discussions about how careful we'll have to be with it (no more mixing RED fruit punch Crystal Light on the counters!!), but I think it will be worth it to achieve the look we're wanting. 

And just when we thought our decision making was coming to an end, we decided to go furniture shopping. If you've ever shopped for a sofa, you probably know what I'm talking about. There is just so much to consider. Also, sofas are EXPENSIVE!! I think for now we're going to put that off...if all else fails, we'll set the man cave bonus room up and just hang out in there until we have living room furniture. 

The last time we went over to the house, the wiring and insulation appeared to be done and the fireplace insert had been installed. They'd also cleaned up (it's crazy how messy builders are!) and we're assuming they were waiting on inspections to continue onto the next step...which I think will be the drywall and the siding! 

I know I sound like a broken record, but we absolutely cannot wait to be in OUR house! I can't wait to cook the first meal in our kitchen (well, probably on our grill), for Saturday morning coffee, and, more than anything, to have a place to invite our family and friends to. It has been such a rewarding experience and we can't wait to share it with the people we love the most. 

xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment