Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer 2016 Cooking Bucket List

Happy 1st day of summer, y'all! 

This is a very exciting week for us as we're getting ready to close on our house Friday and I can't think of a better way to kick off summer!! We've been so anxious the last few weeks as they've been putting the finishing touches on everything. Since we've been with my parents since January, the only thing we have to pack up is our clothes. Everything else has been in boxes and storage so there will be a lot of twiddling our thumbs this week. Of course, with it being the first week of summer in Georgia, it will be a scorching hot weekend to be moving. I guess we'll just be putting that brand new air conditioning unit to the ultimate test, huh? Anyway, to kill some time this week, I have a fun post that I'm so excited about.

I was recently browsing the web when I came across this summer dessert bucket list and thought it was such a fun idea!! And just like that, I decided to make my own. But, as much as I would love to, my pants would hate me if I devoted my summer to sweet treats so I've decided to make an all around cooking bucket list! Summer has so much to offer when it comes to food, the produce is the best and you your husband can grill as much as your heart stomach desires, and I can't wait to test all of these delicious recipes. I mean, what better way to break in my shiny new kitchen?!

So here it is, my Summer 2016 Cooking Bucket List!

Breakfast

1.  Tupelo Honey Ginormous Biscuits

2.  Baked Doughnut Muffins with Blueberry Jam

3.  Skinny Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

4.  Egg-Mushroom Kielbasa Breakfast Bake

5.  Biscuits and Gravy Casserole (someone might have to come over and help us eat this one!)

Dinners

1.  Grandma Virginia's Oven-Fried Chicken and Creamy Cauliflower Mash with Kale

2.  Seafood Spaghetti Baked in Paper (Spaghetti al Cartoccio) and  Mushroom Arancini 

3.  Brown Butter Scallops with Parmesan Risotto and Balsamic Garlic Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms

4.  Sriracha Almond Crusted Pork Chops with Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce

5.  The Best Damn French Dip on Earth and Salt and Vinegar Sweet Potato Chips

6.  Caramelized Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa and Grilled Mexican Street Corn

7.  BBQ Glazed Pork Tenderloin Over Pimento Cheese Grits

8.  Shish Tawook Grilled Chicken and Slow Cooker Greek Potatoes

9.  Homemade Brat Burgers with Beer-Braised Caramelized Onions and Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges

10.  Sriracha Lime Chicken Chopped Salads

11.  Honey Glazed Baby Back Ribs with Whiskey Marinade and Easy Corn Fritters

12.  Lobster Cobb Salad

Desserts

1.  Crockpot S'mores Brownies

2.  Funfetti Cheesecake 

3.  Crack Pie

4.  Blueberry Peach Pie

5.  Old-Fashioned Strawberry Pie

6.  Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies with Marshmallow Creme Filling 

7.  Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread

8.  Mini Choco Tacos

9.  Watermelon Granita

10.  Key Lime Pie No-Churn Ice Cream

Drinks/Dranks


1.  Coconut Margarita

2.  Blue Hawaiian

3.  Sparkling Spiked Peach Lemonade

4. Beyonce's Lemonade

5.  Fresh Mint Iced Coffee

I could've gone on and on with things I'm dying to cook! In fact, the more I browsed Pinterest and read articles about summer cooking, the more this list grew. Most of the meals are too involved for a weeknight since I don't get home until 6:15 every night so they'll all have to be weekend treats while I leave the weekly cooking to my husband. Don't worry, I lucked out in that department since he loves to cook, too!

I'm so excited about this list and can't wait to share each recipe with you. I especially can't wait to do all of this cooking in the new house. If you have any summer favorites that I should add to my list, leave a comment below! And if you're hungry, just invite yourself over because by the looks of this list, we'll have plenty to eat!! 

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment