Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Time Flies When You're....Planning a Wedding

The cutest personal wedding dress shopper around! 



The title of this post is a little misleading. Time does fly, but it really doesn't feel like it's flying right now. Yes, it feels like Christmas (aka engagement day) was yesterday, but for the most part, I feel like time is dragging! You see, I'm not one to enjoy waiting. But then again, who does? I'm ready to be done with the planning, but mostly I'm ready to be married and on my honeymoon! The first two weeks were, in my mind, a wedding planning nightmare. We had picked a date, venues, and a photographer just to have the reception venue rent two different dates out from under us. At that point, we didn't feel comfortable with them having anything to do with our wedding day so we ended up going back to our original date and switching venues...that is after going back and forth with our ceremony venue and photographer multiple times to make sure they were still available, bless them. Ask my loving fiance and he'll tell you everything has been a breeze, but ya know, I was the one making all of those back and forth calls/emails to those previously mentioned venues and photographer ;)

After those first few stressful weeks, I was over the whole planning process....with 10 months left to go. So, I took a break. Now I'm back into it. I've looked over so many wedding invitations, it's not even funny. I think we've narrowed it down to the one we want, it just needs a few tweaks  Also, paper is expensive! Two weekends ago we booked our honeymoon! We'll be sailing around the Southern Caribbean for 7 days and I couldn't be more excited about it. This past weekend I booked my hairdresser for the wedding day and we discussed wedding hair trials (which won't be until September, boo!). Oh, and I bought a wedding dress!
   
                  
Did you think I was going to actually show you THE dress?! ;)

So I guess it's safe to say that we are back on track. I've gotten some suggestions on wedding cake bakers so we'll be making an appointment in the next few weeks to figure out exactly what we want and to try allllll the cake, duh!! I know what I want to do for flowers, I just need to go talk to florists, but I'm dreading that, because guess what? Flowers are expensive, too! Also, all the wedding checklists say that I need to be registering for gifts this month. So, I guess we'll just add that to the ever growing list! 

And that's where we are, folks! When October rolls around and I'm a panicking bride asking where the time went, please feel free to refer me back to this post where I said time was dragging and I was ready for all the planning to be over ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment