Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year, New Last Name

Sometimes you get so busy making memories that you don't leave yourself enough time to do all the baking you wanted to do. And I'm completely okay with that. Plus, we had plenty of baked goods to feed an army as it was. Needless to say, my 10 Days of Holiday Baking turned into 8 days. And again, I'm completely okay with that. Sorry if any of you were really excited about days 9 and 10.

Christmas Eve


I'm not going to leave you hanging though....I'm still determined to be better at this blogging thing. It's NYE and that means 2015 is just a few hours away. And 2015 is going to be a very exciting year for me and my family. Why? Well, because sometimes Santa brings you diamonds. And by Santa I mean my boyfriend fiance. Fiance is still SO weird to say.

First picture together after getting engaged! 

On Christmas morning, we had to get up early to go do Christmas with Zach's family (Christmas Eve is spent with mine). We gave ourselves enough time to open our gifts to each other before heading out. After we opened our gifts, Zach got up and walked out of the room. I figured he was going to get ready, so I started to clean up the piles of wrapping paper left behind...then he walked back in, got on one knee and said, "Well, there's one more gift." And right there in the living room, in our pajamas with our bedhead, he asked me to marry him. It was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing about it. We then rushed to get ready so we could stop by and show my parents before spending the day with his. We are so very excited and our families are equally excited for us. And that's why, with this new year, I'll be getting a new last name!

Obligatory ring shot ;) Good thing I got that manicure a few days before!

I can't wait to make new memories this year and I especially can't wait to be surrounded by our family and friends as I marry my best friend!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe NYE!! Consider this my toast to you a midnight!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment