Black Bottom Goodies
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
6oz semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl. Make a large well in the center of the mixture and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients, stirring well.
3. Spoon batter into paper lined miniature muffin pans, filling 2/3 full. It's important to not overfill these!
4. In another bowl, combine cream cheese, egg, sugar, and salt, stirring well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate batter
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
These are the perfect combination. The cream cheese filling offsets the chocolate and they aren't too sweet or rich. Even Zach, who isn't a big fan of chocolate, really liked these. Eat what you want and store the rest in the fridge!