Thursday, December 18, 2014

10 Days of Holiday Baking - Day 4

Have you ever tried the Williams-Sonoma Peppermint Bark? If you haven't, just trust me when I say it's delicious. It's also $24 for a 1-pound tin.

Two weeks ago, we drove up to The Mall of Georgia for Zach to do a majority of his Christmas shopping. I'm not sure why he's so set on that specific mall, but we did the same thing last year. And both times it's been rainy, but that's beside the point. He put a pretty good dent in his shopping and in seven whole hours at the mall, all I bought were some pretzel bites and a Coke for us to share. What?! I'm an early Christmas shopper and was mostly done at that point. Anyway, back to the peppermint bark. We meandered through Williams-Sonoma, dreaming of the day we'll have a kitchen worthy of their products. We got separated on the way out because I saw the samples of the peppermint bark and made a beeline for it while Zach continued out into the busy mall. He stopped and waited, of course, and I greeted him with a bite-size sample. At first he declined (more for me!), then he ate it and we both praised how good it was...even contemplating going back and buying some to take home. And immediately I decided Peppermint Bark would be added to my baking list this year!

I'd seen this recipe a few days before and while this clearly isn't Williams-Sonoma Peppermint Bark, it's delicious. And it's so Christmas-y and a super easy addition to the cookie baskets I make each year. On top of that, just look how pretty it is!!



Oreo Peppermint Bark
(recipe from Rachel at A Southern Fairytale)

Ingredients:

10 mini candy canes, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
12 Oreos, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips

Directions:

1.  Line a cookie sheet with wax paper

2.  Add milk chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until melted and smooth. Pour onto prepared cookie sheet and spread flat. Sprinkle with chopped Oreos. Let sit for 10 minutes.

3. Add white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until melted and smooth. Pour over Oreos and spread to the edges of the milk chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Chill until set, break into pieces and serve or package to give!

I suggest packaging this up right away to give to others (obviously after you've given it a try)! I consumed more than I care to admit while I was breaking it up. Or, just keep it for yourself and try not to consume it in one night ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment