Sunday, December 21, 2014

10 Days of Holiday Baking - Day 7

This is another recipe that I feel like is always around at Christmas, but I didn't start making them until a few years ago. They're easy and not very time consuming, and they're my brother-in-law's favorite so they've taken up permanent residence on my holiday baking list. Yes, it's another chocolate/peanut butter combo, why are you judging? But not only is there chocolate and peanut butter, but there's also Ritz crackers. Buttery, flaky, delicious Ritz crackers. I could eat an entire sleeve of those crackers in one minute sitting. And maybe I like this recipe so much because I can, and do, munch on a few during the process. Hey, I need something salty to break up all the sweet stuff I'm also snacking on while baking ;)


Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Ritz Sandwiches
(Recipe from Spoon Fork Bacon)
Ingredients:
2 cups milk chocolate chips (you can also use dark or white chocolate) 
½ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup powdered sugar, sifted
32 Ritz crackers
Directions:
1. Place chocolate chips over a double boiler (or microwave) and melt.
2. Place peanut butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
3. Spread a small amount of the peanut butter mixture onto a cracker and sandwich together with another cracker.
4. Repeat until all the crackers and peanut butter filling have been used.
5. Place crackers onto a parchment line baking sheet and place in freezer for about 30 minutes.
6. Once the chocolate has melted, using a small pair of tongs, or tweezers, dip the chilled peanut butter sandwiches into the chocolate until completely covered.
7. Shake off any access chocolate and place back onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches and set aside to dry, about an hour.
9. Carefully peel from the parchment and serve.

If you're really feeling festive, or have the time, drizzle some white chocolate over the tops. Even better, throw some red and/or green food coloring into the white chocolate and make them super Christmas-y. I had no such time for that this year so I gave mine a dusting of clear crystals and called it a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment