Monday, July 12, 2010

"The clouds I can handle. But I can't fight with an Eclipse."

Why wasn’t that line in the movie? It’s one of the best lines in the whole series. It should’ve been there. We’re talking about Eclipse, obviously.

It’s been a nearly two weeks. Have you seen it? Silly question I guess. The real question should be how many times have you seen it? My answer? Three.

The first round went down opening day at 10:30 p.m. We bought our tickets early.

See? Cassie bought them & dropped them off at my house. Can you read her note?! Hilarious.

We got there and got in line early. We walked in the theater and got good seats. When the movie started, the theater was empty! Whaaaat? I was shocked! Ok, it was a Wednesday night and it was late and it’s Carrollton, but still, I was a little surprised at how few people were there.

Round 1

Round two took place in Lawrenceville Saturday morning. Yes, morning. We thought it’d be less crowded and it’s cheaper! That’s a win in my book! Cassie and I went with Brittney & Tiffany. Short story, we'd been trying to get Brittney to read the books for ages! All three of us! And she just wouldn't do it. Finally one day we went over to her apartment and said, "We're watching Twilight!" We put it in and watched it and she LOVED it! Next thing you know, she's borrowing the books and we're camping out in mall parking lots for tickets to meet cast members...what?

Round 2

Last Thursday night Cassie and I went for round three. I never go back and see movies more than once. Never. But with Twilight, it's just a given. It's a must. The first time you see it, you're just so excited! Do you really even register what's going on? The second time is when you REALLY see the movie. And after that, it's just fun because you can talk through the entire thing and laugh when it's not appropriate.

Round 3

Highlight, Round 1: Alison hasn’t read the books so watching Eclipse with her was so exciting because she had no idea what to expect! I’m pretty sure she sat with her face in her hands the last twenty minutes. It was hilarious!

Highlight, Round 2: During the J/B kissing scene, you know the one, there was a grown man sitting next to us and I happened to look over and he was covering his eyes? And then a few seconds into the kiss he peeked through his fingers? Your guess is as good as mine, but I got a good chuckle out of it.

Highlight, Round 3: The old man who came to see it. By himself. And laughing and loving the whole thing.

Now for the movie itself, it was the best so far, no? But as I’ve discussed with several people, isn’t that the way it should be? Shouldn’t each installment in a series like this improve? It just makes sense. But with that being said, I’ve liked each one so far for different reasons. I like how each director has brought something new to each film and has been able to elicit different emotions and characteristics out of the characters and the actors. But I’m here to talk about Eclipse, so shall we?

Let’s get the bad out of the way first. What is the deal with the wigs in this saga?? Why can’t they seem to get them right? The Bella wig really wasn’t a huge issue for me. Sure, it wasn’t the best, but it could’ve been immensely worse. And we got the wig because we got JettStew. I’m ok with sacrificing a little bad Bella hair for that any day.

Dear JettStew, you win.

But let’s talk about Jasper. Seriously? If that’s the best they could do, they should’ve just gone back to the Twilight wig. Jackson Rathbone is full of the pretty and that wig, it hides the pretty. Like in the flashback with the hat covering the wig. And that tan. Did you see the heart fail pretty then?? I can't get over that scene. Major fail Summit for sticking Jackson with a bad wig. Another one they can’t get right is Alice. Again, I think the Twilight wig was the best. She looks too old now, no? One person they did manage to get right though? Rosalie! She looked gorgeous throughout the entire movie. Let’s pack that wig away and bring back out for Breaking Dawn, yes? And while we’re on the subject of ugly, how about that ring? What is it even supposed to be? I know it’s how Stephenie Meyer described it in the book, but I’m 99.9% positive that not a single fan would’ve joined the pickets had the ring been changed. Maybe Bella will loose it in the beginning of Breaking Dawn and they’ll have to buy a new one. Everyone cross your fingers. And toes.

Ready for the good now? How about Xavier Samuel? He was wonderful. I can’t get over how good he was as Riley. And so pretty. The way the movie opened with him as a human and being attacked by Victoria was a great way to start the film. And he carried his own throughout. He stole every scene he was in. The scene with the newborns coming out of the water, the look on their faces, and the music, it still gives me chills. So powerful. And how about the leg hitch/proposal scene? Was it everything you ever imagined? And more? I loved it. I floved it. It was near perfect. My one little complaint? Can we zoom out a little more next time so we can see what's going on? Thanks. The fight training and the fight scene itself were incredible as well. When the wolves descend over the rocks? Amazing.

With all the Twilight movies there have been laugh out loud moments. I like that. Without them, the movies would be way too moody. My favorites from Eclipse were THE talk. You know the one with Charlie. Billy Burke is remarkable the way he delivers a line. He's always right now. And the chemistry him and Kristen share on screen has always been exceptional. They just work well together. You believe them as father/daughter. And their banter back and forth about Bella/Edward's sex life was hilarious. They killed it. Another one for me was Jacob carrying Bella through the woods. Seriously. It killed me. Did no one else find it extremely awkward and hilarious?

So those are my completely random all over the place thoughts on Eclipse. Overall, it was great. What did you think?

Until next time,
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment