Wednesday, July 28, 2010

They say I look like him.


This is my favorite picture of him ever.

It's been three years ago today. Three years?! How is that even possible?

It was unexpected. It was too soon. It was heartbreaking. I miss him more than anything.

He always smelled so good. And he gave the best hugs you've ever received. I miss that smell and I miss those hugs even more.

When he died, we discovered that right out of high school he had signed a contract with Louisville Slugger. They manufactured his own personalized bats for the games (he was in the minor leagues). But he didn't own a single one anymore. My uncle contacted Louisville Slugger and they still had his name plate for the branding. As a result, we now all own one of his baseball bats. Mine is in a display case that hangs on the wall at the foot of my bed. I see it every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed. I love that thing.



And he never gave up on ball. Even as he got older, he coached girl's softball. He loved the game. He loved coaching.

God, I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment