Sunday, March 27, 2016

Glowing Skin Smoothie

I cheated this week and made my smoothies for next week early. With Easter being today, I knew I'd be too busy to get it done (and I was right) so I went ahead and made them Friday since I was off of work! I know this smoothie doesn't look any different than last week's, but trust me, it is! I traded out the coconut almond milk for coconut water, added avocado and strawberries, and cut out the peanut butter and pineapple, but it still has that great tropical taste thanks to the coconut water and mango. And, with the addition of strawberries, I just might like this one even more!



I adapted this recipe from Sally over at Sally's Baking Addiction and she does a great job breaking down what each of these ingredients does for your skin. Coconut water and avocados are hydrating, the carotenoids in mango helps your skin glow, and the nutrients in the kale or spinach help remove toxins from our bodies. I decided to add strawberries to this smoothie to change it up even more from last week's. Strawberries have anti-inflammatory properties and are also rich in vitamin C. Literally everything in this smoothie is great for you. So why aren't you in your kitchen making it yet?!

Glowing Skin Smoothie
(Makes 2 Servings)

Ingredients

1/2 cup plain coconut water
2 frozen, ripe bananas
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen mango
2 cups spinach or kale
1/2 of an avocado
1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)

Directions

Throw everything into your blender and blend until smooth! Drink and enjoy or do like I did and a make servings for the week and freeze. Again, moving from the freezer to the refrigerator the night before you plan on drinking it.

*The recipe says frozen fruits, but since I'm freezing my smoothies anyway, I mainly use fresh (except for the mango b/c I buy it in bulk). If I was planning on drinking this immediately after making it, I'd definitely suggest using frozen fruit. Also, I add chia seeds to just about any smoothie. They're such an easy addition with a huge impact.

I hope everyone had a great Easter with their family and friends! 

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment