Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tropical Green Smoothie

Ever since I hit the big 3-0 a few months ago, I've been obsessed with coming up with a better skin care regimen. I've never really had a set regimen per say, in fact, I've always hated washing my face. I know, I know. It's terrible to go to bed with makeup on. But it's just SO messy! Water splashing all over the sink is just too much for me. To compromise, I started using face wipes. Still not great, but better than nothing. Nothing gives you a kick in the butt quite like turning thirty, so lately I've been trying to come up with the perfect combination of moisturizes, exfoliators, and masks all while not breaking my face the bank. I'm loving the products I'm currently using, and I'll share those with you eventually, but I wanted to add a little something extra to my new regimen. You can use all the best products in the world and they will do nothing if you're not eating the right way or taking in plenty of water (I've been super guilty of this). So while I've been making sure I drink at least 84 ounces of water each day over the last few weeks, I've now added a daily green smoothie into my diet to give my skin that extra boost. Not to mention how yummy it is!

So I give you this week's Sunday Smoothie!


Tropical Green Smoothie

Ingredients

3/4 cup coconut almond milk
1 handfull of spinach
1/2 banana
1 cup pineapple
1 cup frozen mango
1 tablespoon peanut butter (any nut butter will do)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)

Directions 

Put all the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth! That's it!

But here's the kick, every Sunday, do that 5-7 times. Yes, 5-7. (Unless you have a crazy blender that can handle making that many servings at once) Fill up 5-7 Mason jars and put them all in the freezer. Each night, place one in the refrigerator and take it out the next morning while you're getting ready. Then drink and enjoy! It's so much easier than making a smoothie every morning. You only have to clean up the mess once and you're much less likely to grab something unhealthy when you don't have time to throw a smoothie together. Also, it guarantees none of your fresh produce spoils before you have the chance to use it, something I'm sure we're all guilty of letting happen.

This smoothie is SO good. The coconut almond milk, pineapple, and mango give it such a great tropical taste. And I promise you can't taste the spinach. I won't lie to you and tell you this smoothie fills me up until lunch because it doesn't. I also don't eat lunch until 2:30 most days so that's my own fault. I just throw a Greek yogurt in my lunch box and have that as a snack and I'm good to go!

If you're a smoothie person, I can't recommend this one enough! I've made this one two weeks in a row now because I just couldn't stand the idea of not having it! And if you're not a smoothie person, this one just might change you.

If you have any good green smoothie recipes, I'd love to hear them!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment