Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coming Soon!!!

I've been holding onto this information for MONTHS!!! Two months to be exact! But alas, the time has come. I'm finally allowed to tell everyone that I'm going to be an AUNT!!! I never thought this time would come and I couldn't be more excited for my sister and brother-in-law!!

So without further ado, I introduce to you Baby Arnoldy! Boy? Girl? I think we have 6 or so more weeks until we get to find out, but one thing is for sure, this little bebe is a thumb-sucker!


So, how did I find out? Well, it was the Sunday before Christmas and I went up to spend the day making cookies with my sister. I arrived a little after noon and after putting my bags down, I walked into their dining room to look at the tree they had put up in the front window. While checking it out, my sister called me from the kitchen and said, "Hey Jamie, do you want to see something?" Umm....ok? Seriously, I thought this was the weirdest question ever! I mean, if you want me to see something, I'll see it...I really think that's what I said to her. Well, I walked into the kitchen and she had her phone out so I was still so confused! Well, when she handed me her phone, I looked down and there was a picture of a pregnancy test on it. That pregnancy test said PREGNANT. Oh. Em. Gee. In the highest, squeakiest voice ever I said, "YOU?!?" After a laugh from her and Joe, she said, "Yeah! I feel like shit!" Haha. She immediately told me I couldn't tell ANYONE! Not even mom and dad. You see, it was still really early at the time and she's always been the type that said she would wait a few months before she told anyone she was pregnant because if something were to happen, she would hate to have to deal with that along with going and telling everyone. Understandable. But, seriously...I couldn't tell anyone?! So here I am thinking I was going to be the only one in the family to know until the end of January but thank God they changed their minds and decided to tell them Christmas Eve. Easy to say, Christmas 2009 was a great one for my family. I'm not sure I've ever seen my parents so excited!

How tiny and cute is that foot?!?

So that's what's up with the Higgs/Arnoldy clan. Obviously we are all VERY excited and can't wait to meet the little one in August. Until then, we'll wait not so patiently. And seeing as I'm working on my degree in interior design, I can't wait to get started on the nursery! Best believe this baby will have the best, the cutest, the most awesome nursery ever! Don't worry bebe, your aunt Jamie will give you the coolest room on the block. And I will always have gum (Friends anyone?).

No comments:

Post a Comment