Saturday, February 20, 2010

God, is that you?

I've recently gotten into baking. Baking cookies to be exact. Have you ever eaten my chocolate chip cookies? Trust, you'd know if you had. They are thick, they are chewy and they are oh so chocolaty. They are simply amazing. Mom asked me to make some today for Mike's surprise party tomorrow, so I agreed. Here's what they are supposed to look like...

Beautiful, yes? I bet your mouth is watering. Mind you, I've made these more times than I can count. Well, this is how they turned out tonight...

Not so beautiful, right? So disappointing. I have no clue what happened. I doubled the batch so there is a possibility I left something out. Or added too much of something. Who knows. But I have a theory as to what happened...You see, I gave up sugar for Lent. And by sugar I mean desserts, cookies, cakes, ice cream, you know, all the good stuff. Why would I give up sugar for 40 days? Because I had gotten really bad about walking through the kitchen and grabbing a few Oreos. Or fixing myself a bowl of ice cream at night. And my mom's chocolate pound cake...you haven't had that either have you? Because if you have, you'd know how it's impossible to pass it without taking a slice. And I'm not a pound cake person so you know it must be good! And let's not even get into the amount of Valentine's Day candy we had in the house due to the fact that my mom is a pre-school teacher. Anyway, things were getting out of control! So here we are, 4 days in, and I haven't had sugar. It really hasn't been bad at all. And today I try to make cookies for a party and they turn out horribly. There has to be a correlation, right? That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go watch some movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment