Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Don't Stop Believin'

Get ready for picture overload.

Saturday night I couldn't have asked for a better night to spend with my friends. After a rough afternoon that left me with some awesome red/puffy eyes as an accessory, a night out with these ladies was the perfect therapy. A bunch of old friends came into town for the weekend to celebrate Bekah's birthday. Some of which I haven't seen in over a year. Blasphemy! We go to school for years on end. We have dreams and ambitions. We live for the moment when we finally are on our own. And it sucks. Because you don't see people as often as you would like. Or as often as you should even. It's just a part of growing up. But maybe it makes you realize how great your life is. How great your friends are. How lucky you are to have the friends that you do. I love that I can go over a year without seeing a friend and as soon as we see each other it's like we never skipped a beat. We pick right back up where we left off. And I'm lucky that over the past 10 years, yes...I said ten, I've not only been able to hang onto my high school friends, but I've gained so many more amazing friends in the process. People always find it so crazy that I'm still so close to the friends I had in high school. But why wouldn't I be? I wouldn't change anything for the world.

Oh, Liz. She graduated last May and moved to Millidgeville to teach 7th grade Language Arts. We met several years ago when she joined SAO and she was my little sister. And we've been great friends ever since. I can talk to her about anything! Love this girl so much. When I walked into Uncorked Saturday night, we both screamed. Seriously. Neither one of us could have been more excited. And I couldn't get enough of her. I think the total picture count of just the two of us was like 4 or 5! This girl's laugh, it's contagious. And I refuse to go another year without seeing her again! Plans have been made. Trips will me made to Millidgeville. And celebrations will be had in Atlanta after my senior show.

Sam. She also graduated last May. And I also met her when she joined SAO a few years ago, also another little sister, at the same time as Liz. Luckily, I've been able to see her on several occasions because she lives a little closer. This girl, she's always smiling. No joke. Her and Liz, they made my decision to leave SAO one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. I felt like I was letting them down. But I'm happy that we've managed to keep in touch. I don't know what I'd do with out these two in my life. And this one, she shares my love for The Format. What more could you ask for?

Emily, aka, my fellow Switchfoot lover. And the best hugger in the world. Seriously, this girl may be little, but her hugs are mighty. She too is another SAO buddy. Her passion for life is encouraging and uplifting. I just find myself being a happier person when she's around. You couldn't ask for a better friend than her.

I can't exactly tell you when I first met Leslie. At least high school. Probably junior high. Or even elementary. Point is, I've known her for a long time. We've probably actually hung out more in college than we did in high school though.

Courtney is another SAO friend. Man, this was like an SAO reunion!! Honestly, you'll never meet a sweeter person than this girl!

Shannon, you guessed it, another SAO friend. We actually became better friends post-SAO due to lots of hanging out with Jennifer. Especially last summer. Many a great late night talks have been had with her. She's another one who is constantly smiling and just a happy person in general. I think it's possible that at any given moment you can also find her dancing.

I met Kellie through Bekah (so sad she wasn't there that night, but she does have a little one at home) and Sam as she was one of their roommates when they were all in college. But actually, I think I actually met her through Susko before that and then we made the connection later. This was the first time I'd seen her since she got engaged and here ring is so, so pretty!

Melissa was also one of the roommates of Bekah, Sam and Kellie. She is just a sweet girl. There is a funny story as to why this is only a picture of mine and Melissa's heads. You see, we were trying to get someone in the background into the picture also. As you can see, the flash ruined those plans. This is also the cause of my laughing in the picture. No worries though, we know who's back there ;)

The Besties. Alison and I, we've been friends since 6th grade. And I guess you can say the friendship with Cassie started in 8th grade when we all went to the Nsync concert. Yeah, I said it and I'm not ashamed. I still rock out to some Nsync! What are you going to do about it? I've been through thick and thin with these two. Whenever an adventure goes down, I can guarantee you these two are right there with me. My wingmen, if you will. From London, to the Bahamas, to Vegas, L.A., San Diego, and many places in between, they've been with me on some of the best trips of my life. Oh the stories we could tell! Seriously, my life would be incomplete without them.

And here are more group shots from the night.

And what better way to end the night than with a little cupid shuffle while waiting on the bathroom?

Seriously, it was such a great night. And while I had initially planned on only staying out until about midnight, it was 1:45 in the a.m. before I finally made my way down the stairs and out the door (to the tune of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'' nonetheless). Oh well, what can you expect when catching up with so many people. I really wish we all had the time to make it happen more often. Like at least once a month. But alas, real life gets in the way.

Really love all these girls with all my heart. Can't wait for the next outing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment